Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance
Voluntary Student Health Insurance Plan (Domestic)
Eastern Oregon University no longer offers a voluntary student health insurance plan. Please refer to the document provided by Gallagher Insurance (the insurance broker EOU contracts with) for alternative sources for health insurance.
2017-18 Mandatory International Student Health Insurance Plan
International students enrolled at Eastern Oregon University are required to purchase the International Student Health Insurance (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer). For information regarding benefits and rates, please click here to view details regarding the United Healthcare Student Health Insurance plan.
In certain circumstances, International Student Health Insurance may be waived upon proof of a comparable student health insurance plan. For more detailed information regarding being considered for a waiver please visit http://www.gallagherstudent.com/EOU and click on “International Student Waiver” (see menu listing on upper left side of screen). To seek information on the insurance provider’s website, each student is required to create a unique username and password. This would be necessary if you would like to request a waiver of the insurance or if you are already enrolled in the insurance plan and are seeking additional details about the plan. Simply fill in the questionnaire to create your username and password for accessing insurance information about your account.
FALL TERM WAIVER REQUESTS deadline is October 14, 2017.
- To get a waiver of the Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Log onto: www.gallagherstudent.com/EOU, on or after August 15, 2017.
- Click on “International Student Waiver” (upper left side of screen)
- Create a user account and password – or LOGIN if you are a returning user.
- Select the “I want to Waive” button (have your other insurance information ready).
- Upon completing your online form, you will be asked to review the information provided and click “SUBMIT” to complete the process. Immediately upon submitting your online form you will receive a confirmation number.
- For your waiver request to be considered, you must submit a copy of your current US Based health insurance to the International Student Services Coordinator in HOKE 215 for review.
- Questions? Contact Gallagher Student Health at 1-877-349-9004 or go to the Customer Service link at: www.gallagherstudent.com/EOU.
- For additional assistance, contact the International Student Services Office in HOKE 215 or phone 541-962-3406 or the Office of Student Affairs in Inlow Hall 113, 541-962-3635.
WINTER TERM submission of WAIVER REQUESTS deadline is February 3, 2018.
SPRING TERM submission of WAIVER REQUESTS deadline is April 24, 2018.
SUMMER TERM submission of WAIVER REQUESTS deadline is July 21, 2018.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR STUDENT ATHLETES: The Student Health Insurance Plan excludes injuries incurred as a result of participation in intercollegiate athletics. Due to this exclusion, the voluntary student health insurance plan does not satisfy the primary insurance requirement for participation in EOU Intercollegiate Athletics. Staff in the Athletics Department can provide you information about alternative insurance for the term you are involved in intercollegiate athletics.
Fee Schedule for MANDATORY
International Student Health Insurance Plan
|Coverage Period||9/01/17-1/07/18||1/08/18 – 4/01/18||4/02/18 – 6/24/18||6/25/18 – 8/31/18|
|Student, 24 & under||$580||$377||$377||$305|
*During spring term, International students are billed for both spring and summer health insurance coverage. Students who will not be registered for class during summer term will need to contact the Insurance Liaison in the Office of Student Affairs for assistance in requesting an exemption.
IMPORTANT LINKS! (International)
- 2016-17 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2017-18 Benefit Information for United Healthcare International Student Health Insurance
- Submit a waiver request
- UnitedHealthcare Preferred Provider Search
- Participating pharmacies in the La Grande area