Eastern Oregon University > Student Affairs Office > Student Complaint and Grievance Procedures

Student Complaint and Grievance Procedures

All members of the campus community are welcome to file a complaint/grievance, as they deem necessary. Prior to pursuing this process, we encourage review and understanding of the Student Complaint and Grievance Procedures Policy. All questions pertaining to this policy should be directed to the Office of Student Affairs at saffairs@eou.edu or 541-962-3635.

Filing Complaints Directly with the State of Oregon

The university is committed to addressing student complaints timely and effectively, in accordance with the university’s student grievance procedures. If a student who has completed the university’s grievance procedures believes that the university’s procedures have not adequately addressed the student’s concerns, that student may file an external complaint with the agencies identified below.

For complaints alleging consumer protection violations, including, but not limited to fraud and false advertising:

Oregon Department of Justice, Consumer Protection Division
Consumer Hotline: 1-877-877-9392
Website: http://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer/pages/index.aspx
Consumer Complaint Form: https://justice.oregon.gov/consumercomplaints/OnlineComplaints/OnlineComplai ntForm/en

For complaints regarding discrimination, retaliation, or online authorization and professional licensure requirements:

Students should attempt to resolve any grievances they may have with their school first. Should attempts to resolve these problems with appropriate school officials fail, or should the student be dissatisfied with the final outcome of the college complaint process, then the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC), can respond to a formal complaint.  Students may contact the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, 3225 25th St. SE, Salem, OR 97302 or by sending an email to complaints@hecc.oregon.gov.  Students may also access our Complaints web page at https://www.oregon.gov/highered/about/Pages/complaints.aspx or visit the complaints page at NC-SARA’s website: https://nc-sara.org/student-complaints

For complaints regarding accreditation and other quality of education concerns:

The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities

Phone: 425-558-4224
Website: https://nwccu.org/tools-resources/complaints/

For students enrolled in an online degree program who have exhausted their EOU complaint and grievance procedures:
The Higher Education Coordinating Commission
Website: https://www.oregon.gov/highered/about/Pages/complaints.aspx