Financial Aid Office
The financial aid office at Eastern Oregon University is committed to helping you obtain funding for your academic program. Whether you’re a current or prospective student, there are a variety of financial aid programs available. Financial aid programs vary in eligibility criteria and award amounts.Most students and families need some financial assistance. We encourage all students to apply for financial aid by filing a Free Application For Federal Student Aid. Our federal school code is 003193.
You might hear about some changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). But don’t worry; these changes were put in place to make the FAFSA process easier. Starting with the 2017–18 FAFSA, there will be two major changes:
1. You’ll be able to submit your FAFSA® earlier. You can file your 2017–18 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2016, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2017. The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling you to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year. If you file the FAFSA earlier, you’ll have an earlier indication of how much your family is expected to contribute, which will help with budgeting for the upcoming school year.
2. You’ll use earlier income and tax information. Beginning with the 2017–18 FAFSA, students will be required to report income and tax information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2017–18FAFSA, you—and your parent(s), as appropriate—will report your 2015 income and tax information, rather than your 2016 income and tax information. This change will make the FAFSA easier because you’ll already have done your taxes by the time you fill out your FAFSA, and you may be able to automatically import your tax information into your FAFSA.
- Video Information on FAFSA – IRS Data Retrieval
- Step by Step Instructions FAFSA – IRS Data Retrieval
- How to Order IRS Tax Return Transcripts – Get IRS Tax Return Transcripts
- To Log Into Webster, please click here
What is Verification? Please click here
- Summer 2016 – July 1, 2016
- Fall 2016 – September 22, 2016
- Winter 2017 – January 5, 2017
- Spring 2017 – March 30, 2017
Step 1: FSA ID
An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.
Step 2: Fill out the FAFSA
* Remember that you must file a FAFSA for each year you attend and you want to receive financial aid.