Getting Started

Required Documentation

The Disability Services Office (DSO) provides services to students who have a documented physical, psychological, or learning disability, or other medical issues that affect academic performance. Appropriate documentation may include a letter or report from a qualified professional, such as a physician, psychologist, or learning specialist.

Documentation must clearly state the nature of the disability and the limitations resulting from the condition.  It may also contain any additional recommendations for educational accommodations. Disclosure of the student’s disability is at the student’s discretion, and accommodations cannot be denied if documentation is acquired.

The DSO coordinator is the only person that the student is required to disclose their disability to.

Requesting Accommodations

First-Time, Transfer Students, and Returning Students

To be enrolled in the Disability Services Program, you will need to make an appointment with Taylor Smith, Disability Services Coordinator, to discuss your needs and the accommodations for which you qualify.  Inquiry and intake appointments can be held over the phone.  To continue services, each term you will need to notify our office of what accommodations you are going to need.  This can be done by contacting Taylor, at 541-962-3081, or, to discuss your needs or set up an appointment to come see her.  The Accommodations Specialist can also schedule appointments for Taylor, at 541-962-3235, or

Temporary Disability

The DSO offers temporary disability services for students who are ill, hospitalized, injured, or experience extenuating events or circumstances that in some way affect their ability to fully participate in their classes. Please contact the DSO for an appointment.

What Your Family Needs to Know

Under FERPA laws, we can only give out information on a student if they have signed the Student Consent to Release Information form, stating exactly who is able to receive information, and from whom.  You will need to sign the form (Student Consent to Release Information from the Registrar) and return it to the DSO before your family can obtain any information.