EOU Writing Center
To provide a place — physical or virtual — where every EOU writer can find an interested, responsive reader.
The mission of the EOU Writing Center is to promote students’ confidence in their practice of writing processes and critical thinking, and to support faculty across the university in teaching writing in their disciplines.
Writing tutorials are free of charge to all EOU students, undergraduate and graduate.
To fulfill this mission, the Writing Center:
- Trains students to collaborate as peer writing tutors
- Manages schedules and communication to facilitate student/tutor collaboration
- Provides ongoing tutor development and professionalization opportunities for on-campus, online, and on-site students
- Supports faculty in designing and assessing writing assignments and curricula
- Maintains an archive of resources and research on disciplinary writing