Students that utilize our services are able to take their tests in distraction free testing room. Students are responsible for requesting and scheduling test accommodations for each individual test/ quiz through the Disability Services Office. To schedule an exam students need to fill out an Exam Request located in Loso Hall Room 236. We ask that testing appointments are scheduled at least 72 hours in advance to ensure that the student taking the exam will be able to take their test in a quiet, distraction-free space. If the test is scheduled less than 72 hours in advance, the student may not get a totally distraction-free space to take their test in. If students want to take their test at a different time than it is given in class then they must get it approved through the instructor and the Disability Services Office needs the instructor’s confirmation.
We have three, single occupancy style testing rooms that are primarily used for students taking exams. While these rooms are not in use for testing, any student can come and use the space as a quiet study area. The Disability Program also has a conference style room that is used during heavy testing times, and can fit up to three testers and a proctor at a time. During finals week, we branch out and utilize some of the classes in Loso Hall to host test takers.
Exam Request Procedures:
1. The student submits an Exam Request form to the Disability Services Office.
2. Disability Services processes the request and sends an Exam Request Email to the professor.
Professors have four options for delivering the test to the Disability Services Office:
1. Disability Services can pick up the exam from the professor’s/instructor’s office
2. Instructors/Professors can drop off the exam to the Accommodations Specialist in the Learning Center (LH 234)
3. Tests can be sent via email to email@example.com
4. Test can be sent through campus mail. If a professor uses this method of delivery then they should send it at least 72 hours in advance of the date of the test.
Tests will be delivered within an hour of the student finishing them.
Test will be delivered to faculty/instructor offices. If the professor/instructor is not there during delivery, the test will be slid under the office door or left in the appropriate mailbox. If needed, alternative arrangements can be made in regards to pick up and/or delivery of tests. Faculty/Instructors must communicate with the Disability Services Program to make these arrangements prior to the day of the test. They can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 1-541-962-3235.