Military and Veteran Students

EOU Veteran and Military Programs

There’s a reason EOU is among the top 15% of military friendly schools nationwide. If you’re a veteran, on active duty or a member of a military family, EOU is a great fit!

EOU works to provide resources, credit for military service, scholarships and benefits for spouses and dependents. EOU is a member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges and committed to upholding the “Principles of Excellence” outlined in Executive Order 13607.


STEP I: Apply for EOU Admission

Submit all official transcripts – including your Military Training Transcripts

STEP 2: Apply for Student Federal Aid

EOU Federal school code is 003193

STEP 3: Apply for military education benefits

A. Review your options for the military education benefits based on your eligibility
B. Apply online for your GI Bill® benefits
C. Contact appropriate EOU representative for support:
Dorothy Jones EOU Certifying Official, Chapter 33, 35, 30, 31, 1606 & 1607
Nanda VanHouten  Military Tuition Assistance, Chapter’s 31 & 33

STEP 4: Admitted? Congrats! Connect with your academic adviser:

A. On campus students here
B. Online Students: Kerry Thompson, Military/Veterans Coordinator



If receiving benefits under chapter 30, 1606, and 1607, you must verify school attendance on either the first or last day of each month during the current term, every term. Benefits will not be paid if you not verify. Verify by phone: 1877-823-2378 or here


Chapter 33Chapter 30Chapter 1606Chapter 1607Chapter 31Chapter 35
Changing schools or programsChanging schools or programsChanging schools or programsChanging schools or programs Changing schools or programs
Enrollment NotificationEnrollment NotificationEnrollment NotificationEnrollment NotificationVA Form       28-1905Enrollment Notification
Direct DepositDirect DepositDirect DepositDirect DepositDirect Deposit Direct Deposit
 Verify enrollment on W.A.V.E.Verify enrollment on W.A.V.E.Verify enrollment on W.A.V.E.