Eastern Oregon University > Transfer Students > EOU Transfer Student Requirements

EOU Transfer Student Requirements

The President and the Board of Trustees of Eastern Oregon University set admission policies and enrollment limits. Such policies are subject to change, therefore, students should consult with Admissions staff about current standards.


All transfer student applicants must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:

  • Completed Application for Undergraduate Admission and pay the non refundable $50.00 application fee, or if you qualify for the fee deferral please select YES on the application fee deferral question within the undergraduate application.
  • Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
    • Applicants must demonstrate a 2.25 GPA or better with a minimum of 30 transferable quarter credits (or 20 transferable semester credits) from accredited colleges or universities.
    • Transfer coursework must reflect successfully completing a minimum of two courses in the sciences, social sciences, or humanities.
    • Applicants with less than 72 quarter or 60 semester transferable college credit hours must also submit an official high school transcript if seeking federal financial aid.

Applicants with fewer than 30 transferable quarter credits must:

  1. Have a 2.25 GPA for all transferable credit
  2. Fulfill freshman admission procedures and requirements

(Freshman Admission Requirements)

Post-Baccalaureate Students

Transfer Credits

 Wondering how your courses transfer?

Use the tool above, select your previous institution, and see how transfer courses come into EOU. Send transcripts attn: EOU admissions or email to admission@eou.edu.

Students with the following Associate degrees from accredited Oregon, Idaho or Washington state community colleges will be considered as having met the general education distribution requirements at EOU:

  • Associate of Arts-Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
  • Associate of Science-Oregon Transfer Degree (ASOT)
  • Completion of an AA or AS from:
    • North Idaho College
    • College of Southern Idaho
    • College of Western Idaho
    • Central Texas College
  • Completion of a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) as transcribed by a regionally accredited Washington Community College
  • Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts from Palau Community College, College of the Marshall Islands and College of Micronesia.
  • A certificate of CSUGE or IGETC from California