FAQ’S REGARDING SERVICES AT EOU STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
- Students who have been assessed the Health Service Fee are able to access the services provided at the Student Health Center. If you are taking at least 6 credits, with at least 1 on-campus credit, you are automatically assessed the Health Service Fee.
- There is no charge for episodic-acute care visits (such as cold or flu symptoms, urinary tract infections, pain or injuries).
- There is no charge for appointments with providers for monitoring or management of chronic conditions (such as diabetes, depression, anxiety or high blood pressure).
- There is also no charge for in-house laboratory tests such as urinalysis, rapid strep screen, finger stick blood glucose and urine pregnancy test.
- There is no charge for the following minor procedures: ear irrigation, pulse oximetry and blood draws.
- There is no charge for wellness counseling services (such as tobacco cessation, nutrition and weight management)
- All of the services above are covered through the Health Service Fee.
- Private Insurance and Cash Payers: There are fees for procedures such as lesion/wart removal, suturing, pulmonary function tests and physical exams as well as for immunizations and TB skin tests. A discounted fee schedule is in place for cash payers who request these services. We are also able to bill private insurance for most of these services (excluding immunizations, TB skin tests and sports physicals), however the fees are billed at a higher rate and the patient is expected to pay any balance due once the insurance company has made payment. Co-pays are due at time of service.
- Medications: The Student Health Center has a limited formulary of medications including birth control pills and antibiotics. These medications are available, by prescription only, to patients at low cost. We are not able to bill any insurance for medications. Our providers are also able to send prescriptions to any of the local pharmacies.
- Student Health Insurance: For those who have opted to purchase the voluntary Student Health Insurance Plan: The Student Health Center will bill any charges (except for medications) directly to the Student Health Insurance Company. These charges will be covered at 100% with no co-pay.
- Insurance Information Required: If the student does not provide a copy of their insurance information at the time of registration or at the time of their appointment, the student is responsible for any charges incurred at the time of service.
Please note that the above FAQ’s pertain to the Student Health Center Services. Counseling Center services are available to students who are assessed the Health Service Fee at no additional cost.Share: