Transfer Student Requirements
To apply for admission as a transfer student you must:
- Send official transcripts to Office of Admissions demonstrating a 2.25 GPA or better with a minimum of 30 transferable quarter credits (or 20 transferable semester credits) from an accredited college or university. Applicants with less than 72 quarter or 60 semester transferable college credit hours must submit an official high school transcript. This is due to recent federal financial aid requirements.
- Successfully complete a minimum of two courses in the sciences, social sciences, or humanities; and
- Complete an EOU Undergraduate Application by creating an account, and selecting Undergraduate Transfer Application.
Applicants with fewer than 30 transferable quarter credits must:
- Have a 2.25 GPA for all transferable credit
- Fulfill freshman admission procedures and requirements
Students from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)
In addition to the above admissions requirements students from the Federated States of Micronesia are required to demonstrate English language proficiency by:
- English proficiency as demonstrated by achieving 500 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 61 on the internet based TOEFL; a score of 5 on the IELTS; satisfactory completion of level 112 in an English Language School.
Most of the credits you earn at other accredited four-year colleges or universities will transfer to EOU. Course work taken at a non-accredited institution may be evaluated. Click here to see how credits may transfer to EOU.
Students with the following Associate degrees from accredited Oregon, Idaho or Washington state community colleges will be considered as having met the general education distribution requirements at EOU:
- Associate of Arts-Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
- Associate of Science-Oregon Transfer Degree (ASOT)
- Completion of an AA or AS from:
- North Idaho College
- College of Southern Idaho
- College of Western Idaho
- Completion of a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) as transcribed by a regionally accredited Washington Community College
- Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts from Palau Community College, College of the Marshall Islands and College of Micronesia.
- A certificate of CSUGE or IGETC from California
Foreign Transcript Evaluations
Transcripts from non-U.S. schools can for evaluation by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) accredited agency.
We recommend using World Education Services (WES) for these services.
- High School transcripts require a document-by-document evaluation
- College transcripts require a course-by-course evaluation