Transfer Student Requirements
The Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) sets admission policies and enrollment limits.
Such policies are subject to change, therefore, students should consult with Admissions staff about current standards
All transfer student applicants must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- Completed Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Applicants must demonstrate a 2.25 GPA or better with a minimum of 30 transferable quarter credits (or 20 transferable semester credits) from accredited colleges or universities.
- Transfer coursework must reflect successfully completing a minimum of two courses in the sciences, social sciences, or humanities.
- Applicants with less than 72 quarter or 60 semester transferable college credit hours must also submit an official high school transcript if seeking federal financial aid.
Applicants with fewer than 30 transferable quarter credits must:
- Have a 2.25 GPA for all transferable credit
- Fulfill freshman admission procedures and requirements
Students from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) Republic of Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands
In addition to the above admissions requirements, students from the Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau and Republic of the Marshall Islands are required to demonstrate English language proficiency by:
- English proficiency as demonstrated by achieving 500 on the TOEFL, or 61 on the Internet-based TOEFL; a score of 5 on the IELTS, and satisfactory completion of level 112 in an English Language School.
Most of the credits you earn at other accredited four-year colleges or universities will transfer to EOU. Course work taken at a non-accredited institution may be evaluated. Click here to see how credits may transfer to EOU.
Students with the following Associate degrees from accredited Oregon, Idaho or Washington state community colleges will be considered as having met the general education distribution requirements at EOU:
- Associate of Arts-Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT)
- Associate of Science-Oregon Transfer Degree (ASOT)
- Completion of an AA or AS from:
- North Idaho College
- College of Southern Idaho
- College of Western Idaho
- Completion of a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) as transcribed by a regionally accredited Washington Community College
- Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts from Palau Community College, College of the Marshall Islands and College of Micronesia.
- A certificate of CSUGE or IGETC from California
Foreign Transcript Evaluations
Transcripts from non-U.S. schools can for evaluation by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) accredited agency.
We recommend using World Education Services (WES) for these services.
- High School transcripts require a document-by-document evaluation
- College transcripts require a course-by-course evaluation