EOU Wait-listing is a registration feature that gives students the choice to ‘get in line’ for a closed(full) course and be notified if a seat becomes available. If the class a student want to add is closed they can place themselves on the wait-list for that class. Wait-lists are established on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Wait-listing is available on most EOU courses
Courses that do not have Wait-listing functionality are:
- Suppressed courses
- Eastern Promise courses
Wait-listing ~ Need to Know Facts
- Wait-listing for classes is available beginning the first day of open registration through Friday the first week of class at 5:00 (fall term wait-listing is available through Monday the second week of courses due week one starting on a Wednesday).
- Wait-listing is NOT registration, nor is it a guarantee for future registration.
- If you wait-list you will not automatically be registered once a spot becomes available.
- Students need to meet the same requirements to wait-list for a section as they would to register for that section.
- Students are moved from the wait-list into a 24 hour queue as seats become available.
- If notified of an available seat you must take action and register. If you don’t register by the notification deadline, indicated in the notification email, you will be dropped from the wait-list.
- The wait-listed course credits do not count toward financial aid eligibility
- You will not be billed for any wait-listed courses.
- The wait-list process constantly runs throughout the day while the ‘wait-listing period’ is in effect.
- Students will not be able to view where they are on the wait-list, it is established as first-come, first-served.
- Students will only get ONE email via their EOU email account once they have been moved into register-able status.
- Students will NOT be notified when they are dropped from the wait-list if they neglect to register during their 24 registration window.
- Students will not be permitted to by-pass the wait-list and register with dean/instructor approval. After the wait-listing period is over, registration will be permitted in accordance wit the catalog policy for adding courses.