Staff/Faculty/Community Members Auditing Courses
Auditing as a Staff/Faculty Member
- Staff/Faculty members can choose to audit a course, but are required to fill out the Staff Fee Benefit form from HR and submit that paperwork to HR. Only 1 discount per employee, per term.
- Staff/Faculty can audit with instructor approval and if space is available in the course. Instructor approval can be obtained by email or the instructor can sign the hard copy registration form.
- Staff/Faculty can register to audit a course through Webster or with a Registration Form.
- Fees associated with the course are charged, but not tuition.
- Staff & Faculty cannot audit a course as “community members”.
Once the HR paperwork is confirmed and instructor approval has been obtained ‘to “Audit” the class’ the grading mode will be changed and the tuition will be reversed.
Auditing as a Community Members
- Community Members must wait until the first day of the term to register for a course to audit. They are allowed to join an on-campus class if there is space available.
- To register community members must fill out the Registration Form and bring it to the Registrar’s office. Registration is then added manually to the course during the first week of the term so space availability can be verified and the audit settings can be adjusted in the background.
- If community members don’t already have an active student account, or are new, a Non-Admit form will need to be filled out and the $25 application fee paid.
- Community members can only receive 1 discounted class per person, per term.
- If community members register before the first day of classes their ability to receive the discounted rate is forfeited.
Regular fully admitted Students Auditing a class
- Pay full price for an “audited” class.
- Students can register anytime registration is open.
- They have until the 2nd week of the term to change their grading mode.
- Audited classes will not count towards a degree.
Instructor or Dean approval will not be accepted during or after finals week of the term in which the discount rate is applied.
HR has the Reduced Tuition Policies information for academic and classified employees.
The 2018-19 Academic Catalog has the AUDITING OF COURSES process.