Caps, Gowns and Honors Cords
Robes, Cords and/or other Commencement regalia that may be worn in conjunction with a particular program, club, cultural affiliation, etc. or other EOU department is handled through that particular college or club and is not under the purview of the Registrar’s Office – for questions please contact your program or club representative or adviser.
CAPS, GOWNS & HONORS CORDS
Students may order regalia in person at the EOU Mountaineer Bookstore or by calling the bookstore directly at 541-962-3691 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orders placed over the phone may be shipped or held for pickup.
The Eastern Oregon University Bookstore will have Bachelor and Master regalia in store for graduates to purchase beginning in early spring. The bookstore will have the caps, gowns, tassels, and honor cords available until commencement (including the day of the ceremony on a first come-first served basis).
Online ordering information can be found below gown information.
- EOU BACHELOR cap, gown, and tassel are BLACK.
- EOU MASTER gowns are BLACK, plus a HOOD is worn.
The hood represents the University colors inside the hood; EOU colors are blue and gold. The velvet trim on the outer edge of the hood represents the degree
- Master of Arts in Teaching/Master of Science in Education is LIGHT BLUE.
- Master of Business Administration is BRONZE.
- The Master gown is very different from a bachelor gown, in that the sleeves have large extensions and a hood is carried or worn during the ceremony; typically in lieu of a graduation cap.
PARTNER PROGRAM UNIVERSITIES:
- Oregon State University caps & gowns are BLACK with a MAISE (yellow) tassel.
- Oregon Health & Science University caps & gowns are WHITE with an APRICOT tassel.
***** It is highly encouraged that you open and steam your gown prior to the ceremony to remove all wrinkles from packaging. *****
HONORS CORDS will be sold only to students eligible to receive them. The EOU Bookstore will have the list of eligible students in early spring. Honors calculations for ceremony purposes are calculated through Winter 2019 term only. No Exceptions!
For those graduates wishing to purchase their regalia through our online vendor may do so here: ONLINE ORDERING
For any questions please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or 541-962-3607