Accuplacer – Let’s Get Ready!
Eastern Oregon University uses a computerized placement test called Accuplacer as one of the tools to help identify which math and writing classes are the best fit for you! Accuplacer now offers a Web-Based Study App enabling you to practice and sharpen your knowledge in the Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, College-Level Math, Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills fields. After completing your Web-Based Study App, we recommend you view the sample questions provided by the College Board, prior to your scheduled test appointment.
Scheduling to take the Accuplacer
- Set up a time to take the Accuplacer on EOU campus by calling the EOU Testing Center at 1-800-544-2195, or local at 541-962-3788, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may be able to arrange to take the Accuplacer at your local high school, library, community college, or an EOU Regional Center near you. Please email the Testing Center with your zip code to receive a list of approved proctors in your vicinity, or you may submit the required contact information for a proctor candidate of your choice by clicking the Accuplacer Proctor Information form.
- After establishing your proctor, please fill out and submit an Accuplacer Request form.
- When you arrive at your scheduled proctored exam location, be sure to have your EOU 910- student identification number that you have received via email.
- Use of notes, books and calculators is not allowed during the assessment; scratch paper and pencil are allowed. Some math questions may include an on-screen calculator for your use. There is no time limit; the average time used is 1.5 hours.
Follow-Up With Your Advisor
- Your Accuplacer scores will be shared with you during your advising appointment.
- Scores do not appear on your transcript. The primary purpose of Accuplacer is to help identify EOU math and writing classes in which you are likely to be most successful!
Not all incoming students will need to take Accuplacer. Your SAT and ACT scores will determine if you need to complete the placement assessment.
Remember to talk to your academic advisor! They will answer questions and explain whether or not you will be required to take Accuplacer.