Eastern Oregon University > Residence Life > EOU Live-In Requirement

EOU Live-In Requirement

New Students

All admitted first-year students who enroll at EOU within one year of high school graduation for 8 credits or more regardless of class standing MUST live on campus for the full academic year (Fall, Winter, and Spring terms). Students beginning Winter or Spring terms must live on campus for the remainder of the academic year.

Exceptions to this requirement must be requested by the petition. Petition for Waiver from Live-In Requirement EXCEPTIONS to EOU Live-in Requirements

  • Living with parents, legal guardian, grandparents, or brother/sister within the Union County boundaries.
  • Marriage or a registered domestic partnership/civil union.
  • Enrolled in an academic program that is housed outside Union County or requires students to live out of the area.
  • Have a dependent that is living with you.

Other exceptions will be evaluated, but are generally not approved. If a waiver of the live-in requirement is approved after move-in to the residence halls, the cancellation of contract procedures outlined in the Room and Dining Contract will apply.

International Students

All undergraduate international students in their first year of study in the United States are required to live on campus during their first year at EOU. Exceptions to this requirement must also be requested by petition as outlined above for New Students.