Registration error’s and instructions
SUPPRESSED LINE ERROR or RESTRICTED CRN how-to register
In order to register for a class that is suppressed you will need to contact the instructor via email and request permission to join the class. The instructor has two options, (1) they can give you an ‘override’ in the system that will allow you to then register yourself for the course or (2) give you email permission to enter the course. If you get an email from the instructor saying you have their permission to enter the course (not an override) you will then need to complete the online fillable registration form.
The link for the form is: https://www.eou.edu/registrar/files/2014/04/REGISTRATION-FORM-march-2014-locked.docx, it will need to be saved to your desktop and filled out. Email the attach form along with the forwarded instructor’s permission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send the email from your EOU email account, and no physical signature will be required. Upon receipt, our office will manually add you to the class roster.
CLASS IS AT CAPACITY/FULL and CLOSED how-to register
- Some classes that are full/closed have wait-listing capabilities, click here to see information on wait-listing and the wait-listed courses. If a closed course is not wait-listed then you need to send an email to the instructor requesting approval to join the class.
- For non wait-list courses you need to complete and attach the online fill-able registration form to this request. Send the email from your EOU email account and no physical signature will be required.
- When the instructor approves, he/she should forward all registration documents (registration form and instructor permission email) to the Dean of the college that the course falls under for approval.
- The Dean will then send all documents to the Registrar’s office for processing.
- **NOTE** if a course is wait-listed you will ONLY go on the wait-list, you will not be registered for the course if you follow these steps.
(Find the link to the online fillable form here: https://www.eou.edu/registrar/files/2014/04/REGISTRATION-FORM-march-2014-locked.docx (Save the completed form on your desktop so it can be attached to your email to the instructor.)
**Additional information (if the instructor returns approval to you without forwarding to the Dean: (if this happens, it does not mean that your request has been denied.)
- If the class is within the College of Business, the Associate Dean to contact is Kevin Walker at email@example.com. Please be sure that you are forwarding the approval from the instructor along with your completed registration form.
- If the class is within the College of Education, the Associate Dean to contact is Karyn Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that you are forwarding the approval from the instructor along with your completed registration form.
- If the class is within the College of Arts and Sciences, you will forward your instructor approval and completed registration for to Regina Braker at email@example.com for approval. Please be sure that you are forwarding the approval from the instructor along with your completed registration form.
Once the Dean approves your request, they will return all approvals and registration documents to our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will register you for the class. You will not receive an email notifying you of the registration but you will be able to see it on your schedule in Webster once it has been added.