College of Business in Action!
2016-17 Academic Year
- Examining the Preferences of Online Business Course Students selected papers from the Asia Conference on Economics & Business Research 2015. Editor: Stanley Soh, ISBN: 978-981-10-0985-3 (Print), 978-981-10-0986-0 (Online).
2015-16 Academic Year
- Market Based Innovation for Sustainable Competitive Advantage, Portland International Center for Management and Engineering.
- Competitive Pricing Using Data Envelopment Analysis – Pricing for Oscilloscopes, International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management.
- Are Privately Held Companies Subject to the Whistleblower Provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley? An Analysis of Lawson v. FMR, LLC, Journal of Accounting & Finance, Summer 2015 (Vol. 15(1)).
- Chosen to be listed on the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and the Institute of International Education’s Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) the Fullbright Specialist Roster beginning October 27, 2015.
- Served as a Member of the Organizing Committee and Session Chair for RISEBA International Students Academic Research and Artistic Creation Conference, Changing Worlds – In Search of New Solutions - 2015, June 2-5, 2015, Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration, Riga, Latvia.
- Reevaluating if a Linkage Exists Between CEO Compensation and the Net Income and Stock Price of Their Firm: A Micro Study presented at the Institute for Business and Finance Research 2016 held from January 4-7, 2016 at the Global Conference on Business and Finance in Hawaii. All submissions are selected through a double blind review process. The IBFR selected Keller’s paper for an Outstanding Research Award and published it in the Conference Proceedings, IBFR ISSN-2168-0612-N11-N1-2016.
- Guest lecturer at the Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration (RISEBA), Riga, Latvia. RISEBA is among 10 largest higher education institutions in Latvia (both public and private) with almost 3000 students, including 200 international students, who attend 17 study programs of different levels and directions, and more than 8000 alumni. RISEBA is accredited by the AACSB International and several European business accreditation agencies.
- Examining the Preferences of Online Business Course Students presented at the 2015 Asia Conference on Economics & Business Research, November 18-19, 2015, Singapore. All papers submitted to the Conference are selected through a double-blind review process.
2014-15 Academic Year
- Leading ethically in a culturally diverse global environment. Handbook of research on business ethics and corporate responsibilities.
- Comparing Differences Between the Learning Outcomes of Adult Learners, Traditional Learners and Online Learners: A Quantitative Methodology. Journal of Academy for Advancement of Business Research. International Journal of Arts and Sciences.
- Cabell’s directories of Educational Curriculum & Methods and Educational Psychology and Administration, (iv) Proquest, (v) Pol-On, the Polish scholarly bibliography operated by the University of Warsaw, (vi) Genamics, (vii) the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA 2012) list compiled by the Australian Research Council, and (viii) Google Scholar.
- Assessing a Faculty Member’s Role in Changing Writing Outcomes of Undergraduate Capstone Papers: A Quantitative Study, XI (6), 41-47 (ISSN 2326-3636). The Journal of Strategic and International Studies is the flagship journal of the Institute of Strategic and International Studies™. It is a multidisciplinary journal publishing high-quality articles focusing focuses on critical theoretical and practical issues related to strategic and international studies.
Laura Gow-Hogge received the Glen and Jean McKenzie Professional Award.
Laura Gow-Hogge was elected as the 2014-2016 Secretary/Treasurer for IACBE’s Northwest Region.
Shari Carpenter and April Curtis will present at The International Leadership Association Women and Leadership Affinity Group Conference in June.
- Presented a research paper Assessing A Faculty Member’s Role in Changing Writing Outcomes of Undergraduate Capstone Papers: A Quantitative Study at the EOU November 13, 2014 Colloquium. Keller’s presentation was based on his research of Senior Project Capstone papers in the College of Business.
- Presented a research paper Assessing A Faculty Member’s Role in Changing Writing Outcomes of Undergraduate Capstone Papers: A Quantitative Study at the 2014 Institute of Strategic and International Studies /IAABR-Manila, Philippines International Multidisciplinary Academic Conference, November 5-7, 2014. Keller’s paper was included in the Conference Proceedings and selected to be published in the Journal of Strategic and International Studies, Vol. 9, Num. 6. Keller received a faculty development grant from EOU to sponsor his presentation at the Conference.
- Presented a one-day workshop Leadership for Public Administrators for the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee Continuing Education, in the Certificate in Public Administration program.
- Presented a two day seminar Advanced Leadership for the UW-Madison Certificate in Public Administration program at the Wisconsin Command College at the Wisconsin State Patrol Academy.
- Presented a half-day seminar Assessing Organizational Performance at the Oregon State Patrol Office, La Grande, OR, September 17, 2014 for the La Grande Police Department, Union County Sheriff’s Office and four law enforcement agencies, including the District Attorney, from the region.
- Comparing Differences Between the Learning Outcomes of Adult Learners, Traditional Learners and Online Learners: A Quantitative Methodology was presented at the International Journal of Arts Sciences’ (IJAS) American Canadian Conference for Academic Disciplines which was held at Ryerson University’s International Learning Center, Toronto, Canada from 19 to 22 May 2014. Awarded a Certificate of Merit for “Outstanding Research and Presentation” at the Conference.