Submitting a FDFC Request
- Submit your request well before you plan to travel. There is no guarantee that a request submitted after travel will be funded.
- Travel reimbursement requests may be submitted at any time during the academic year. Please use the Request for Professional Travel Form downloadable from this site or available from your area office. Completed forms should first be submitted to the Dean of your college who will sign the request and forward to the FDFC Chair. FDFC provides travel reimbursement, not travel advances.
- If you are presenting original research or scholarship, describe what you’ve done. Include a copy of your abstract and/or paper. If your presentation has been accepted, attach a copy of the acceptance letter. If acceptance is pending you may still request travel funds, but we will hold them until we receive notice of acceptance. Please notify the Chair of FDFC immediately if your proposal is not accepted in order to make funds available for another faculty member.
- FDFC funds the cost of travel (airfare + ground to PDX or BOI). Travel occurring after January 1, 2016 will be reimbursed at 54 cents per mile. For mileage amounts, use the OUS Fiscal Policy Manual mileage chart. Rental car, parking, and taxi expenses will not be reimbursed. You should purchase airline tickets early to take advantage of discounts (e.g., see www.travelocity.com or expedia.com) for estimates.
- Per Diem for meals and lodging should be calculated according to the rates adopted by OUS. The current meal rate is $57.00 per day. The lodging rate is up to $128.00 per night. Receipts for lodging will be required for reimbursement.
- If registration fees apply, indicate the amount. You will need a receipt for reimbursement.
- The amounts entered on your form may be best estimates available at the time of request. The amount awarded will be determined by FDFC and forwarded to your area Office Specialist for reimbursement. After your travel, complete a Travel Reimbursement Request form and submit it to your area Office Specialist for approval. Completed forms take about a minimum of one week to get processed in the budget office.
If you have any questions about FDFC on our
funding policies please do not hesitate to contact the Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org