Visiting Eastern Oregon University
Setting foot on our beautiful campus located in the heart of the Grande Ronde Valley is a great way to see what it is like to be a Mountaineer. We encourage prospective students and their families to visit, as a part of the college search process to get a sense of fit. During the visit, students will get a chance to learn more about the high quality academic programs, tour campus, and meet several staff and faculty members that make EOU a great place to invest in your education. We offer visits throughout most of the year, connect with our Campus Visit Coordinator to learn more about visiting La Grande.
Let us arrange a personalized visit to fit your expectations and goals. During the academic year, visits begin at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To Schedule an Individual Campus Visit, use the events button below:
- First Select a Date
- Click on the ticket to the right to register for your visit
- Build your visit schedule by clicking the ticket next to each optional appointment
- Confirm your appointments
For groups like AVID, Gear UP!, TRiO, High Schools, Community Colleges, and more! If you have a group of prospective students you would like to introduce to Eastern Oregon University, we can provide a guided campus tour and an admissions presentation on a space available basis. Please contact Trisha Harshberger or call 541.962.3183 to set up a group visit.
EOU Preview Days
These open house programs are full day events that showcase Eastern Oregon University as a student-centered higher education institution. Connect with current students, explore club/organizations, learn about admissions and financial aid and more! For more information on dates, schedules, and registration:
Info & Registration
Join the Fun!
Choose your experiences!
Experience the diversity of biological exploration.
- Fast gel electrophoresis (commonly used for molecular separation of DNA, RNA and proteins) and using a transmission electron microscope
- Making bird wing mounts for the vertebrate museum
- Attend real college classes at 10 am or 11 am
Experience life at the molecular level.
- Superconductors/Nuclear Magnetic Resonance demonstration
- Marine Pollution: Oil & Plastic
- Join college students in classes at 10 am or 11 am
See how math drives our lives and reaches across multiple curriculums.
- Math activity with the EOU Irrationals Math Club
- Join college students in class at 10 am
Our future is here with advancing computer technology.
- PiBot demonstration
- Join college students in class at 10 am or 11 am
Health and Human Performance
Explore the state-of-the-art Human Performance Lab.
- Participate in experiments to test lung capacity and observe heart rate variability
- Examine the use of GPS monitors to measure athletic performance
Explore the mind.
- Learn how brain wave activity (EEG) is measured
- Join college students in class at 11 am