To be considered for admission as a transfer student you must:
- Have a 2.25 GPA or better with a minimum of 30 transferable quarter credits (or 20 transferable semester credits) from an accredited college or university.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of two courses in the sciences, social sciences, or humanities; and
- To apply select the Undergraduate Application, create an account, and select Undergraduate Transfer Application.
Applicants with fewer than 30 transferable quarter credits must:
- Have a 2.25 GPA for all transferable credit
- Fulfill freshman admission procedures and requirements
Students from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)
In addition to the above admissions requirements students from the Federated States of Micronesia are required to demonstrate English language proficiency by:
- English proficiency as demonstrated by achieving 500 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 61 on the internet based TOEFL; a score of 5 on the IELTS; satisfactory completion of level 112 in an English Language School.
Most of the credits you earn at other accredited four-year colleges or universities will transfer to EOU. Course work taken at a non-accredited institution will be evaluated but not applied until the completion of 35 EOU credits.
Students with the following Associate degrees from accredited Oregon, Idaho or Washington state community colleges will be considered as having met the general education distribution requirements at EOU:
- Oregon: The Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer or the Associate of Science in Business Oregon Transfer from an Oregon community college.
- Washington: The Associate of Arts, the Associate of Arts and Science, or the Associate of Science degrees from a Washington community college which have been approved for university transfer. Please refer to the official list maintained in the Registrar’s office.
- Idaho: The Associate of Arts or the Associate of Science at both North Idaho College and the College of Southern Idaho
Foreign Transcript Evaluations
Applicants with foreign transcripts must submit his or her transcripts to one of the following:
- One of the organizations on the NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) website for course-by-course evaluation.
- WES (World Education Services) for a course-by-course evaluation.