We are pleased to announce that Eastern Oregon University has chosen Google Apps for all employees and students e-mail needs. We sincerely hope you enjoy your experience with Google Apps. It was a long and arduous process choosing the right email platform for our students, staff and faculty, and we hope you agree that we made the right choice. This is a fantastic milestone in the way that EOU staff and faculty can communicate and collaborate not only with each other, but with the students. The possibilities are endless.
To login into your e-mail account, click here.
To view training for using Google Apps, click here.
To create a EOU Google Apps Mail Merge, click here.
EOU E-Mail Questions
1. What is Google Apps?
- Google Apps is a suite of web-based messaging and collaboration applications that Google hosts on their own servers. Google provides these applications as a “service,” rather than as software to download and install. To access these applications, you simply use a web browser on a computer that’s connected to the Internet.
2. Where can I find my EOU e-mail username and password?
- Your staff/faculty e-mail will come from either your supervisor or from Human Resources once your paperwork has been completed. Generally your e-mail address will start with the first initial of your legal first name and end with your entire last name (Example: John Doe = jdoe) and your default password will be your date of birth listed as the year, month and date (Example: YYMMDD – 4/16/59 would be 590416). You’ll want to change your password as soon as you first log in which we have instructions further down this page.
- If you have already started work and you don’t have your EOU assigned e-mail address within the first 2 hours of your first day, please contact the Human Resources department at (541) 962-3548 or contact the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111.
3. How do I use the EOU e-mail system and where do I go to login?
- You can login to your EOU e-mail at: www.eou.edu/email
- EOU IT has a online training available on how to use the EOU e-mail system and Google Doc. You can locate it at the EOU e-mail login page or by clicking here.
4. How do I change my e-mail password?
- Once you log into your e-mail account the first time, IT highly recommends changing your password on your e-mail account. Since the date of birth is used as a default password for all EOU e-mail accounts, they could be a at risk. Click this link to change your e-mail password.
5. What is “Infoline” and “East-Talk” and how do I get added to those e-mail groups?
- “Infoline” is official EOU news and information. Every new EOU employee e-mail account that is created automatically gets added to this list. If you’re not receiving Infoline e-mails, please contact Laura Hancock in University Advancement at (541) 962-3585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “East-Talk” is a open e-mail forum where all EOU employees who are enrolled into the group can speak about various topics, sell items, announce upcoming events and many other examples. You have to request to be added to this list by contacting the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.
6. Can I log into my EOU e-mail account from the regular Gmail page? (www.gmail.com)
- Yes, you can as long as you enter your entire e-mail address into the username text field. (Example: email@example.com)
7. What is “Mountie-Pass”?
- “Mountie-Pass” is your authentication to some of EOU’s online, campus and lab services. You’ll mostly use your Mountie-Pass as your username and password for your email account.
- In the near future, you may be able to user your Mountie-Pass for all sorts of things: Authenticated campus wireless, lab computers, blackboard login, etc. (We’ll keep you posted on any updates or new services that are using Mountie-Pass via Infoline.)
8. How can I change my e-mail username if my last name recently changed?
- If you’ve recently gotten married, or have a legal name change follow the instructions below to have your Mountie-Pass updated.
- For Students: Visit the Registrar’s office in Inlow 105 to update your information, Submit a Technology Ticket, put ”Last name change – New email address request” in the subject field, and include your EOU ID number (910…) and birthday in the description.
- For Faculty/Staff: Contact the Human Resource office in Inlow 209 to update your information, Submit a Technology Ticket, put ”Last name change – New email address request” in the subject field, and include your EOU ID number (910…) and birthday in the description.
For more information, contact the EOU IT Help Desk at (541) 962-3111 or submit a Technology Ticket.