Revolving Charge Contract
Due to recent changes in regulations, ALL students are now required to complete their Financial Responsibility Agreement as their “Promise to Pay” on their Student Account.
Revolving Charge Contract – Payment Plan
A Revolving Charge Contract is a payment agreement that allows a student to make monthly payments on an account. Students must pay one-third of the current term’s charges within the first 14 days of each term, or their account will be considered past due. A $100.00 late payment penalty will be applied to all past due student accounts after the 14th day of each term. Any unpaid balance is part of the Revolving Charge Account Plan. Students must pay all current term balances by the last day of each term. Two thirds of the current term charges are required to be paid before a student may register for subsequent terms, unless special payment arrangements have been made with the Student Accounts office.
Revolving Charge Contracts are electronic and should be completed through Webster (located under the Student and Financial Aid Tab/Student Accounts/Revolving Charge Account Contract)
Terms And Conditions
(Revised December 2014)
A Revolving Charge Account Agreement is available to all Eastern Oregon University students under the following terms and conditions (THIS ACCOUNT WILL ONLY BE OPENED AFTER THE STUDENT REQUESTS THAT IT BE OPENED AND HAS AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS):
PAYMENT & DUE DATES
Students must pay one-third of the current term’s charges within the first 14 days of each term, or their account will be considered past due. A $100.00 late payment penalty will be applied to all past due student accounts after the 14th day of each term. Any unpaid balance is part of the Revolving Charge Account Agreement. Students must pay all current term balances by the last day of each term. Two thirds of the current term charges are required to be paid before a student may register for subsequent terms, unless special payment arrangements have been made with the Student Accounts office. Payments will be applied to the unpaid balance on the student’s account on a first in, first out basis. Financial aid, scholarships and any other amounts due to the student from this institution will be applied toward the total amount due to this institution before the money is released to the student. The Student’s account may be paid in full at anytime. Please refer to the academic calendar for a list of due dates each term.
Interest will be charged each month on any unpaid balance at the rate of one percent per month, or fraction thereof (12% APR). This is subject to change as mandated by the Oregon Administrative Rules.
PAST DUE ACCOUNTS
It is the Student’s responsibility to make the scheduled payments by the due dates regardless of the circumstances. In the event the Student fails to timely make payments due to the University, the unpaid principal balance on the Student’s Revolving Charge Account, along with applicable interest, and fees, may, at the University’s discretion be accelerated and be due and payable in full upon written demand by Eastern Oregon University. Interest charges and applicable late fees will be assessed on all past due accounts. Past due accounts may also be subject to penalties, including but not limited to:
- A. An institution collection fee of $25.00 may be assessed to any account not paid in full at the beginning of a subsequent term, if payment arrangements have not been made with the Student Accounts Office.
- B. Registration may be denied to any student with a past due balance.
- C. The extension of credit, provision of services, grade reports, diplomas, and transcripts may be withheld from any student with a past due balance.
- D. Eviction from student housing may result when past due amounts relate to dorm charges. Telephone services may be disconnected or denied when past due accounts relate to telecommunication charges.
- E. All collection costs incurred in connection with the collection of any of the foregoing, including, but not limited to fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in such collection efforts. This agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Oregon without regard for any conflict of choice of law principles.
- F. The status of this account may be reported to credit bureaus.
- G. This contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Oregon without regard for any conflict of choice of law principles. Both parties hereby submit to personal jurisdiction in the State of Oregon and further agree that any cause of action arising under or relating to this contract shall be brought exclusively to the Union County Civil Court.
COLLECTION ACTIVITY VIA CELL PHONE AND EMAIL ADDRESS
I understand and authorize Eastern Oregon University, and/or its agents, including attorney and collection agencies to contact me via cellular telephone and/or all forms of electronic technology (to include text messaging and email) to collect an outstanding debt, unless I notify such party in writing to cease such communication.
The Student is responsible for informing the University’s Student Accounts Office of any name and/or address change occurring during the life of this Agreement. Failure to receive billing is not an acceptable excuse for late payment.
A student may challenge a charge within 60 days of the origination of the charge by directing their inquiry to: Eastern Oregon University, Student Accounts, One University Boulevard, La Grande, OR 97850-2899, (541) 962-3590, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions regarding this agreement can also be directed to the above address.