Financial Responsibility Agreement
As students login to their Webster account for the first time, they will be required to complete a financial responsibility agreement. This agreement is a student’s promise to pay for charges the student incurs while here at EOU. A copy of the financial responsibility agreement is shown below:
Eastern Oregon University
Financial Responsibility Agreement
By electronically signing and agreeing to this Financial Responsibility Agreement, I, the undersigned student (“Student”) promise to pay all assessed tuition, fees, and other Eastern Oregon University (“EOU”) charges incurred by or advanced to Student in connection with the Student’s enrollment and/or attendance at EOU.
Any financial aid the Student receives for any term will be applied to institutional charges assessed to the Student’s account for the current term, including up to $200 in unpaid institutional charges from the prior academic year.
Student promises to timely pay to EOU:
1) All tuition, fees, and other charges assessed by EOU in accordance with current EOU policies, applicable law and regulations in connection with the courses in which the Student has enrolled;
2) All penalties and late fees assessed by EOU in accordance with the then-current EOU policies, as published on the Student Accounts website at www.eou.edu/staccts/ ;
3) The amount of any funds erroneously disbursed to the Student;
4) Any deficiency in tuition, fees or other EOU charges that results from non-payment or reversals of payment of loans and advances from federal, state, institutional providers, or other third party providers;
5) Any costs incurred by EOU in connection with the processing of the third party payment on the Student’s behalf;
6) An institutional collection fee of $25.00 on past due accounts at the time collection efforts are initiated;
7) All collection costs incurred in connection with the collection of any of the foregoing, including, but not limited to fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in such collection efforts. This Financial Responsibility Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Oregon without regard for any conflict of choice of law principles. The Student hereby submits to personal jurisdiction in the State of Oregon and further agrees that any cause of action arising under or relating to this Financial Responsibility Agreement shall be brought exclusively to the Union County Circuit Court.
The EOU Student Accounts and Financial Aid offices communicates all financial account information via electronic services using online secure portals via Webster at http://www.eou.edu/it/webster/ and may send the Student important notices via the Student’s EOU e-mail account.
The Student acknowledges that the Student will review the Student’s available account history prior to registering for classes and before tuition payment deadlines each term.
The Student understands that regardless of the Student’s eligibility for financial aid, the Student is personally responsible for the full amount assessed by EOU to the Student’s account as a result of the Student’s registration . Failure to receive a billing statement is not an acceptable excuse for late payment.
If the Student fails to pay amounts due under this Financial Responsibility Agreement in full by the date specified on by the Student Account payment schedule found on the Student Accounts website at https://www.eou.edu/staccts/payment/. Interest charges of 1% per month (12% APR) or fraction thereof and applicable late fees will be assessed on all past due accounts. This is subject to change as mandated by the University.
Past Due Accounts:
It is the Student’s responsibility to make the scheduled payments by the due dates regardless of the circumstances. In the event the Student fails to make timely payments as due to EOU, the unpaid principal balance, along with applicable interest, and applicable fees, may, at EOU’s sole discretion be accelerated and be due and payable in full upon written demand by Eastern Oregon University. Interest charges and applicable late fees will be assessed on all past due accounts.
Past Due Accounts may be subject to penalties not limited to:
1) Registration may be denied to any student with a past due balance;
2) The extension of credit, provision of services, grade reports, diplomas, and transcripts may be withheld from any student with a past due balance;
3) Eviction from student housing may result when past due amounts relate to dorm charges. Telephone services may be disconnected or denied when past due accounts relate to telecommunication charges;
4) Status of delinquent accounts may be reported to credit bureaus.
Collection Activity via Cell Phone and Email Addresses:
The Student understands and authorizes Eastern Oregon University and/or its agents, including attorney and collection agencies to contact the Student at the Student’s cell phone number in accordance with applicable law and/or at any other telephone number or wireless communication service the Student provides to EOU in the future, using automated telephone dialing systems, artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages, or personal calls, regarding the Student’s obligation to repay any debt the Student owes to EOU resulting from the Student’s registration, including any other EOU fee or financial obligation for which the Student is responsible.
The Student may challenge a charge within 60 days of the origination of the charge by directing their inquiry to: Eastern Oregon University, Student Accounts, One University Blvd, La Grande, OR 97850, (541) 962-3590, or e-mail at email@example.com. Any questions regarding this Financial Responsibility Agreement can also be directed to the above address.
I, the undersigned Student, understand and agree with all terms and conditions as stated in this Financial Responsibility Agreement. The Student understands and agrees that any funds extended to the Student are an educational benefit. Unless EOU initiates collection activity relating to this Financial Responsibility Agreement, or any other debt owed by the Student to EOU, the Student’s account will remain active as long as the Student receives EOU Services and/or has an account balance, which in any event shall not exceed one (1) year from either the date of the last charge incurred, or from the date of the student’s account payoff at Eastern Oregon University.
By my signature below, Student acknowledges that Student has read, understood, and agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of the Eastern Oregon University Financial Responsibility Agreement.
Severability: In the event a court competent jurisdiction determines that any provision of this Financial Responsibility Agreement is contrary to law, or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.