Eastern Oregon University
University Council Student Affairs Committee
March 9, 2011
Present: Stephen Jenkins, Chris Heidbrink, Doug Briney, Camille Consolvo, Christy Oliveri, Patti Girrard, Melanie Noell, Colleen Dunne-Cascio, Robin Weinman
- Approval of Minutes – will be moved to the next Committee meeting
- Grievance Procedures – it was mentioned that University Council reviewed our request regarding moving forward with Grievance Procedures revisions. The University Council will submit a request to the Provost to convene the Grievance Committee to discuss this matter and how to proceed with the revisions.
- Bylaws– it was mentioned that University Council has been reviewing the expectations of each committee and wanted to review Committee Bylaws. A discussion took place and the Student Affairs Committee does not see the need to have Bylaws for this committee.
- Diversity Committee Plan – Oliveri briefly discussed the plan of action for the Diversity Committee. The Student Affairs Committee requested that the plan be reviewed by the committee. The documents will be made available to the committee for review spring term 2011.
- Action Items
- Spring term meeting dates and times – a brief discussion took place regarding the spring term meeting dates and times. It was determined that a doodle poll would be conducted for either Wednesdays or Thursdays either from 3-4pm or 4-5pm. The meetings will be held every other week starting the second week of spring term.
- 2011-12 Room and Board Rates – Jenkins gave an overview and rationale of the proposed room and board rates indicating that a single room rate has been added for North and Daugherty halls. We still have three meal plans but cost difference is minimal – approximately $100. The proposal collapses all meal plans into one single cost – an average increase cost of $50. A motion was made and seconded to approve the proposed 2011-12 Room and Board Rates as presented. Motion passed with one abstention.
- Student Code of Conduct – discussion and review of the proposed student code of conduct revisions took place. A motion was made and seconded to approve the proposed student code of conduct as revised. Motion passed.