Eastern Oregon University
University Council Student Affairs Committee
December 6, 2012
Present: Susan Whitelock, Genesis Meaderds, Camille Consolvo, Michelle Long, Robin Weinman, Le Alexander, Mary Fields, Deven Baremore, Stephen Jenkins
- Action Items:
- Approval of Minutes – A motion was made and seconded to approve the Minutes of the November 1, 2012 Student Affairs Committee. Motion passed to approve.
- Room and Board Dining Contract – Stephen presented the rationale behind these changes. Discussion ensued. Motion was made and seconded for approval of the contract with suggested changes. Motion passed.
- Dates for Winter Term 2013 meetings – Camille presented tentative dates for SAC meetings winter term. All dates were Thursdays, 3-4 pm. Members were asked to hold those dates. Action item: Colleen will send an e-mail out confirming those with all members and provide location of the meetings.
- Schedule Part 1 and Part 2 Student Hearing Committee Trainings next term – All present attended the Part 1 training so could not schedule it or Part 2. Action item: Colleen will send out a Doodle in early January to schedule these trainings.
- Animal Control Policy – Deven said he had requested another update from Sam McCumber, UC chair, about where this stood. He has not heard back from her.
- Tobacco Policy – the Tobacco Free Campus Task Force has met, proposed a draft policy, and will now be meeting in two subcommittees – Education and Marketing – to continue to create awareness of this policy on campus.
- Discussion Items:
- Drug and Alcohol Policies – After reviewing the EOU Alcohol/Drug Policy Camille suggested that a subcommittee convene to create a draft policy. The subcommittee (Camille, Colleen, Stephen, and Marianne Weaver) will meet soon to draft this policy with the goal of bringing a revised policy to UC SAC at their first meeting next term.