Eastern Oregon University
University Council Student Affairs Committee
Present: Tawnya Lubbes, Doug Briney, Christy Oliveri, Melanie Noell, Robin Weinman, Stephen Jenkins, Camille Consolvo, Colleen Dunne-Cascio, Chris Heidbrink
- Approval of Minutes – the Minutes of the November 1, 2010 Student Affairs Committee were reviewed. A motion was made and seconded with revisions identified. Motion passed.
- Committee Membership Update – the Committee membership was discussed. It was mentioned that Heidbrink is the chair and should be edited to reflect this. Also, housekeeping change with regard to area code for Noell’s telephone number. The Committee members were asked to submit the names of any students that may be interested in serving on the Committee to Cascio.
- Old Business
- Policy Revision Updates
- Facilities Use Policy – the policy was approved by the Student Affairs Committee on 5/7/10, University Council on 6/7/10, and Cabinet on 7/7/10.
- Animal Control Policy – it was mentioned that the proposed Animal Control Policy has been submitted to legal council for review. We are waiting to hear back. A discussion took place regarding issues regarding animals on campus and the options available for informing the campus and local community about the new policy when approved.
- Student Affairs Committee Charge – the Committee reviewed the charge and discussed additional revisions regarding the number of teaching faculty on the committee. It was recommended that the revisions mirror the revisions that were recently adopted by University Council. Revisions will be made and forwarded to University Council for approval.
- Policy Revision Updates
- New Business
- Room and Dining Contract Revisions – Jenkins gave an overview of the proposed revisions and indicated that most of the revisions were dates and housekeeping. A discussion took place regarding Section III. Fire Safety, #8 (p. 4), Section IV. Guests, #2 and #6. The biggest change is to the Conduct Section, I. Alcohol and Drugs (p. 5). A motion was made and seconded to endorse the revisions to the Room and Dining Contract. Motion passed.
- Schedule Student Hearings Committee training – this item was tabled to be discussed when additional students have been appointed to the committee.
- Schedule meeting dates and times for winter term – it was determined that the meetings would be held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 3-4:30 p.m.
- For the Good of the Order
- New Leadership Staff – Alexander shared that Matt DeBoot, Lacey Wendzell, and Kody Reibling have been hired.
- New Business Question – one of the Committee requested an update regarding the New Business items that were discussed during the November meeting – Student Code of Conduct, Grievance Committee, Sexual Misconduct Policy, Travel Policy, and Military Active Duty Policy. An update on each was given.
Meeting adjourned at 4:50 p.m.
The next Student Affairs Committee meeting is scheduled for January 13, 2011.Share: