Eastern Oregon University
University Council Student Affairs Committee
Present: Chris Heidbrink, Emily Ice, Doug Briney, Melanie Noell, Christy Oliveri, Le Alexander, Camille Consolvo, & Patti Girrard
- Approval of December 2010 Minutes–Lack of quorum available to approve minutes. Tabled to next meeting.
- Old Business:Student Hearings Committee Training–Camille suggested Colleen will connect with members that need training to set up date for the Student Hearings Committee Training.
- New Business:Student Code of Conduct—Revisions. Camille explained reasons for changes to the Student Code of Conduct. It was mentioned that the purpose of the revisions are to:
- Make it more user friendly for students.
- housekeeping issues for clarity,
- current staffing and administrative unit changes,
- DDE merging into university departments,
- remove legal language and incorporate an educational language.
Stephen, Colleen & Camille have been reviewing Code of Conduct since the summer of 2010 with the changes mentioned above and have submitted this document for the committee to review. A discussion took place regarding the Student Code of Conduct, pages 1-9 were reviewed as a group. Suggested revisions were discussed and will be considered for inclusion/removal. The Code of Conduct discussion will continue at the next meeting, starting on page 10. Camille requested that the committee review the document and come back with suggestions/revisions/questions/concerns
- Other Business
Meeting adjourned at 4:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Patti Girrard.Share: