Eastern Oregon University
Student Affairs Committee
Section 6. Student Affairs Committee
a. Membership and Organization – The Student Affairs Committee shall consist of sixteen members, including three teaching faculty, one from the College of Arts & Sciences, one from the College of Education, and one from the College of Business; two administrative professionals, six students, and two classified staff. In addition, the Vice President for Student Services, the Director of Center for Student Involvement, and the Director of Residence Life shall serve ex officio.
b. Reporting – This committee shall report to and recommend policy to the University Council.
c. Duties and Responsibilities
- To advise, develop and recommend policy covering student activities, including scheduling and programming of co-curricular activities (with the exception of intercollegiate and intramural athletic programs) that are initiated by student organizations or by the University.
- To advise, develop and recommend policy covering residence life, student housing, food service and food vending, and to review and provide input on annual rates and budgets.
- To advise, develop and recommend, student behavior policies and provide oversight for the enforcement of procedures and regulations maintaining appropriate standards of behavior within the student community.
- To serve as the Student Hearing Committee or to provide for the appointment of an ad hoc committee to serve for individual hearings dealing with student behavior and academic dishonesty.
- To oversee the recognition of student organizations and the constitutions and bylaws of such organizations.
- To establish sub-committees and ad hoc committees when necessary.
- To advise the Vice President for Student Services, the Director of the Center for Student Involvement, and the Director of Residence Life in matters relating to the students of the University and support services for the students.
- To advise and recommend to appropriate University offices and student organizations those policies and issues deemed by the Committee to be necessary or prudent in order to carry out effectively its mission as directed by the University Council.
Per Revision to Constitution, February 2016.Share: