Eastern Oregon University
University Council Student Affairs Committee
Section 7. Student Affairs Committee a. Membership and Organization: The Student Affairs Committee shall consist of sixteen (16) members, including three (3) teaching faculty, one (1) member from Arts & Sciences, one (1) member from Education, and one (1) member from Business; two (2) administrative faculty, six (6) students, and two (2) classified staff. In addition, the Dean of Student Services, the Director of Student Involvement, and the Director of Housing shall serve ex officio. b. Duties and Responsibilities
- To advise, develop and recommend policy covering student activities, including scheduling and programming of co-curricular activities (with the exception of intercollegiate and intramural athletic programs) that are initiated by student organizations or by the University.
- To advise, develop and recommend policy covering residence life, student housing, food service and food vending, and to review and provide input on annual rates and budgets.
- To advise, develop and recommend, student behavior policies and provide oversight for the enforcement of procedures and regulations maintaining appropriate standards of behavior within the student community.
- To serve as the Student Hearing Committee or to provide for the appointment of an ad hoc committee to serve for individual hearings dealing with student behavior and academic dishonesty.
- To oversee the recognition of student organizations and the constitutions and bylaws of such organizations.
- To establish sub-committees and ad hoc committees when necessary.
- To advise the Dean of Student Services, the Director of Student Involvement, and the Director of Housing in matters relating to the students of the University and support services for the students.
- To advise and recommend to appropriate University offices and student organizations those policies and issues deemed by the Committee to be necessary or prudent in order to carry out effectively its mission as directed by the University Council.