STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME STATEMENT
Unit Name: Counseling Center
LO Code: SA52a
Description of learning activity or program:
Conduct a residence hall community based outreach program on transitions
1. How does this activity complement the University, Student Affairs, or unit’s mission, or meet the unit’s objectives?
The Counseling Center’s activity supports the EOU mission by help guiding students in responsible and reflective action and improving their relationships in a diverse and interconnected world. The Counseling Center’s activity provides critical support to the students and campus community to ensure that all students have access to University programs, activities and benefits; that students are treated with dignity and respect, and promotes student growth and development through providing psychological counseling services, psychological consultation services, and outreach programming learning activities across campus and disciplines to enhance mental hygiene.
2/3. List the Student Learning Outcome Clusters that apply and Student Learning Domains that may be achieved through participating in this activity:
2. List Learning Outcome Cluster (A-E)
3. List Learning Outcome Domains (1-33)
A. Intellectual Development
E. Managing Life Skills
4. Write the student learning outcome statement for this activity.
By participating in this community based programming activity, students will learn: to understand themselves and how they relate to a larger world, how to become more sensitive of others in regards to intimacy and relationship, and how to discuss in diverse groups how this topic applies to their everyday lives.
5. How will the achievement of this learning outcome be evaluated, measured, or assessed? Describe measures to be used.
The “Student/Participant Assessment” and the “Counseling Center Assessment” will both be utilized.