EASTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME STATEMENT
Unit Name: Center for Student Involvement – Student Leadership Conference
LO Code: SA41b
Description of learning activity or program:
The Student Leadership Conference (SLC) is designed to inspire students by providing opportunities to plan, present, and participate in an inclusive environment that enhances personal and professional growth, encourages greater multicultural competence, while sharpening leadership skills and building confidence.
1. How does this activity complement the University, Student Affairs, or unit’s mission, or meet the unit’s objectives?
This conference contributes to the Student Leadership Program mission by providing leadership education and opportunities to develop, build upon, and enhance leadership skills.
2/3. List the Student Learning Outcome Clusters that apply and Student Learning Domains that may be achieved through participating in this activity:
2. List Learning Outcome Cluster (A-E)
3. List Learning Outcome Domains (1-33)
A. Intellectual Development
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
B. Career Prep/Practical Competence
9, 11, 12
20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
E. Managing Life Skills
28, 29, 30, 31, 32
4. Write the student learning outcome statement for this activity.
By participating in the SLC students will gain an understanding of leadership concepts and models as well as gain an understanding of his/her own personal leadership skills.
5. How will the achievement of this learning outcome be evaluated, measured, or assessed? Describe measures to be used.
Outcomes will be measured through conference and workshop evaluations, facilitator observations, with an 80% target of return rate for conference participants submitting evaluations. In addition, 80% of the participants will be able to define the conference theme by the end of the conference.