STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME STATEMENT
Unit Name: Athletics
LO Code: SA27
Description of learning activity or program:
Camp Participation (athletes and campers)
1. How does this activity complement the University, Student Affairs, or unit’s mission, or meet the unit’s objectives?
Intercollegiate athletics are integral to the overall educational experience at Eastern Oregon University. As a cultural attraction of campus life, EOU athletic programs endeavor to connect the University with the Eastern Oregon region, and reflect high standards of studentship, sportsmanship, fair play, and concern for the individual and community.
2/3. List the Student Learning Outcome Clusters that apply and Student Learning Domains that may be achieved through participating in this activity:
|2. List Learning Outcome Cluster (A-E)||3. List Learning Outcome Domains (1-33)|
2. List Learning Outcome Cluster (A-E)
3. List Learning Outcome Domains (1-33)
A. Intellectual Development
B. Career Prep/Practical Competence
E. Managing Life Skills
4. Write the student learning outcome statement for this activity.
By participating in the (identify camp) camp students will learn to plan, organize, implement and supervise a constructive week of training. In addition, student athletes will learn the skills needed to teach and assess young athletes in the game of (sport). During the training the athletes will be modeling a professional and ethical standard of camaraderie and standard of play.
5. How will the achievement of this learning outcome be evaluated, measured, or assessed? Describe measures to be used.
Development – Campers will be evaluated and their play analyzed on a daily basis by the members of EOU (sport) and through verbal and visual instruction their skills will be fine tuned for future success in the game of (sport).Share: