STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME STATEMENT
Unit Name: Athletics
LO Code: SA26
Description of learning activity or program:
Team Development (athletes)
1. How does this activity complement the University, Student Affairs, or unit’s mission, or meet the unit’s objectives?
By conducting team development activities the Student Affairs and Athletic Department’s missions are enhanced through exposure to cultural aspects of the university and developing high standards of studentship, sportsmanship, fair play, and concern for the individual and community.
2/3. List the Student Learning Outcome Clusters that apply and Student Learning Domains that may be achieved through participating in this activity:
|2. List Learning Outcome Cluster (A-E)||3. List Learning Outcome Domains (1-33)|
2. List Learning Outcome Cluster (A-E)
3. List Learning Outcome Domains (1-33)
A. Intellectual Development
B. Career Prep/Practical Competence
E. Managing Life Skills
4. Write the student learning outcome statement for this activity.
By participating in (sport) at EOU, students will learn to collaborate with other students, which will aid them in achieving future success both on and off the field. Participation will also assist with the student athlete becoming involved in campus activities acting as an ambassador for student athletes. Participants shall learn to model and demonstrate professionalism and a strong work ethic on a daily basis.
5. How will the achievement of this learning outcome be evaluated, measured, or assessed? Describe measures to be used.
Outcomes will be measured through the following:
Student academic achievement- athletes will be monitored both in and out of the classroom.
Effective participation- Assessment of work ethic on and off the field of play.