Native American Program: Home Page
Eastern Oregon University’s Native American resources include a robust Native American Studies minor, Native American Program office, and the Speel-Ya Native American Student Council. The Native American Program office provides cultural programming, academic advising, personal and academic coaching, tutoring, and mentoring to Native American/Alaska Native students.
Types of Services & Programs
- Native American Heritage Month
- This is in November. Speel-Ya and the NAP work together to organize several events during this month to celebrate Native American culture & history.
- Spring Powwow
- One of the biggest events on campus! This is a two day event held the weekend after Mother’s Day. There is drumming, a friendship feast, art & craft vendors, and dance competitions. The event is free and open to the public.
- Diversity Conferences
- Elders Program
- This new program provides opportunities for elders to offer cultural workshops to EOU students, such as beading, regalia making, and language.
- Speakers, book releases, and film screenings