Family Student Housing – Eligibility


Any person who is a full-time student at Eastern Oregon University (12 credits undergraduate/9 credits graduate) and has a spouse or domestic partner* and/or dependent** children living with him/her is eligible to apply for an apartment. Less than full-time students with families may reside at the court, if given special consideration by the Director of Housing. *Spouses are defined as a legally married couple under Oregon law. Domestic partnerships may require documentation such as a previous co-signed lease, utility bill, etc. **Dependent is defined as any offspring of the student or any dependency stipulated by court order. Only persons listed on your application may reside in the apartment. Guests may not stay more than two weeks without written permission from the Director of Housing. It is the University’s intent to rent only to you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children. All persons listed on the application must be physically present and residing in the unit. Roommates, other than spouses/domestic partners and/or dependents, are not allowed without expressed written consent of the Director of Housing. One adult who lives with an unmarried, single, qualified candidate may be listed as a family member. Subleasing is not permitted. No more than two adults and two children, or one adult and three children, may reside in an apartment. The University may require proof of eligibility such as custody papers, birth certificates, marriage licenses, and letter of admission to Eastern. The University also reserves the right, with 24 hours notice, to inspect the apartment in the presence of the tenant to verify those living in the unit.


Find us on these social networks...

EOU on Instagram RSS Feed for EOU

Eastern Oregon University
One University Boulevard
La Grande, OR
or 541-962-3672

Copyright © 2016 
Eastern Oregon University