Manual Check Guidelines
The following circumstances warrant the processing of a manual check:
- New hire.
- Employer terminates employee or if termination is by mutual agreement.
- Employee was not paid with the regular monthly payroll.
- Paperwork not received in a timely manner.
- Manual paychecks are processed on a weekly basis and are ready for pick-up or to be mailed each Friday by 3:00 pm. At this time, we are not able to directly deposit manual checks, please indicate delivery option when requesting the manual check.
The following earnings will be paid on the next regular monthly payroll:
- Supplemental premium pays for classified employees
- Payroll or department error resulting in pay change of less than $25.00
Timing of Payment:
Paid by the End of Next Business Day (termination of employment)
- If an employee is discharged, the check is due by the end of the following business day. ORS 652.140(1).
Paid on final day worked (48 hours or more notice given)
- If an employee quits with notice of at least 48 hours, the final check is due on the final day worked, unless the last day falls on a weekend or holiday. In that case, the check is due on the next business day. ORA 652.140(2) & (3).
Paid within 5 working days ( less than 48 hour notice)
- Employee quits with less than 48 hours notice, excluding weekends and holidays, the paycheck is due within five business days, or the next regular payday, whichever comes first. ORA 652.140(2)