Oregon Writing Project at Eastern Oregon University
Serving kindergarten through college teachers in all content areas since 1991
- The OWP was founded in 1991 and began delivering summer institutes and the Student Writers’ Workshop in 1992.
- The OWP Teaching Ideas Institutes have served 281 teachers and their students.
- The OWP Student Writers’ Workshop has served over 2,900 students.
- The OWP has brought $484,500 in federal dollars to Eastern Oregon and matched that amount with over $1 million in additional funds.
- Students learning from writing-project teachers consistently outperform comparison groups. (NWP Research Brief No. 2, 2010)