Freshmen recognize inspirational former teachers
March 21, 2019 LA GRANDE, Ore. – First-year honor students at Eastern Oregon University have nominated 17 educators from across Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington to receive 2019 Inspirational Teacher Awards.
Freshmen who maintained dean’s list standing during fall 2018 nominated a high school teacher who influenced them on the road to higher education and academic excellence. EOU presents the Inspirational Teacher Awards annually in recognition of outstanding high school teachers who encourage and represent the importance of higher education to their students.
The following educators were recognized by their former students now enrolled at EOU:
- Vikki Staudinger of Bend Senior High School, nominated by Sophia Aimone
- Mike Baird of Enterprise High School, nominated by Heidi Niezen
- Nicholle Arnoldus of Imbler High School, nominated by both Bonny Daggett and Hannah Kilpatrick
- J.D. Cant of Imbler High School, nominated by Aspen Birkmaier
- Tom Riel of Kennewick High School, nominated by Cedric Riel
- Kristy Moore of La Grande High School, nominated by Deric Mussatto
- John Lamoreau of La Grande High School, nominated by Kain Ward
- James Goodall of La Pine High School, nominated by Michael Hefley
- Lois Roberts of Liberty Christian High School in Richland, Wash., nominated by Anna Lesser
- John Robertson of Matsu Middle College in Palmer, Alaska, nominated by Gerrit Schaafsma
- Frank Hanson of McNary High School in Keizer, nominated by Brady Ellis
- Anne Presley of Ontario High School, nominated by Gian Alvarado
- Tara Dominick of Ontario High School, nominated by Mary Ellen Buxton
- Ryan Roulston of Ontario High School, nominated by Juan Ramirez
- David Dunham of Philomath High School, nominated by Hailey Davis
- Randy Fisk of Vallivue High School in Caldwell, nominated by Lexie Zucker
Contact the Student Affairs Office for details about the award and recipients.