The Multicultural Orientation is an orientation program designed to help smooth the transition of international and Pacific Island students to college culture in the U.S.; provide non-native speakers time to practice their English speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills prior to the start of the academic year; familiarize new students with the region; and build the kinds of relationships with fellow students, faculty, staff, and community members critical to student success and retention. This program is tied to a HUM 111 Invitation to Rural Oregon course which is designed to welcome international students and students from the Pacific Islands to rural Oregon.
*Student participants will be assessed a fee for living in the residence halls and participation in the program.
La Grande is located in beautiful Northeastern Oregon. It is conveniently located on Interstate 84 (I-84) approximately 4.5 hours from Portland, OR; 5 hours from Seattle, WA; and 3 hours from Boise, ID, by car.
We recommend that you book your tickets to the following airports:
- Pendleton Airport – Approximately 1 hour drive to La Grande, OR
You will need to purchase a ticket from Portland, OR to Pendleton, OR, using Boutique Air services (https://www.boutiqueair.com/).
- Tri-Cities Airport (Pasco, WA) – Approximately 2 hour drive to La Grande, OR
- Boise Airport (Boise, ID) – Approximately 3 hours drive to La Grande, OR. (www.iflyboise.com)
- Portland International Airport (Portalnd, OR) – Approximately 4.5 hour drive from La Grande, OR
You can purchase your ticket to Portland, OR, then take a another plane to the regional airport in Pendleton, OR using Boutique Air (https://www.boutiqueair.com/).
- You can take the Greyhound Bus to La Grande. Visit www.greyhound.com to check times and reserve a seat.
NEED A RIDE FROM AIRPORT/BUS STATION TO EASTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY?
There is an airport pick up fee that will cover transportation costs to and from the airport. Please see the list of airports/bus station below where we will be able to pick you up from.
- PDT – Pendleton Airport (Fee: $50)
- PSC – Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco, WA (Fee:$100)
- BOI – Boise Airport (Fee: $200)
- Greyhound Bus Station in La Grande (2204 E Penn Ave.) (No charge)
Important: As part of the Multicultural Orientation program, EOU will pick students up between September 13 – 15, 2019. Please keep those dates in mind as you book your travel. Questions? Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out the Arrival Notification Form, to confirm your arrival date and how you would like to be picked up.
Students must submit request 5 days before arrival if they want to be picked up, otherwise, you must make your own travel arrangements.