Grant Programs



Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is a need based grant awarded to students who are working on their first bachelor’s degree.  The award amount is based on the student’s expected family contribution (EFC).  Students may receive a Pell Grant for full time, 3/4 time, half time, and less than half time attendance (depending on EFC).

Oregon Opportunity Grant

The Oregon Opportunity Grant is awarded to Oregon residents (RESIDENCY RULES) attending college in Oregon. You must be taking no less than 6 credit hours per term to receive this grant. It is awarded by the state of Oregon and administered by the Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC). There is a limited amount of available funding for this grant so you need to file your FAFSA early each year.  If you are not a full time student (12 credit hours or more), your OOGR will be cut in half.  This is a rule from the State of Oregon, not EOU.

Oregon Opportunity Grant does not disburse Summer term.

Other State Grants

For students from other states other that Oregon, please check with your home state for appropriate state grants that might be available to students attending college outside their home state.


Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) is one of three federal campus based aid programs. To receive SEOG, students must be eligible for the Pell Grant, demonstrate exceptional need, and be working on their first bachelor’s degree. EOU receives a limited amount of SEOG funding.  Federal SEOG funds may not serve all eligible applicants.


The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families. For more information on the grant please see the following:

Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant or Additional Federal Pell Grant Funds

If your parent or guardian died as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after the events of 9/11, you may be eligible for additional aid. To be eligible, at the time of your parent’s or guardian’s death, you must have been less than 24 years old or enrolled at least part-time at a college or career school. Payments will be adjusted if you are enrolled less than full-time.