Information for Teachers
Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) are a blend of high school, college and university faculty who are charged with the development and assessment of curricular proficiencies in the Eastern Promise model. These PLCs meet regularly to work on proficiency development and at scheduled times meet to assess the proficiency work of the students.
To be eligible/“authorized” to teach credit by proficiency courses through Eastern Promise, high school teachers must meet several requirements:
- Be approved by their high school administration and their respective partner in higher education (i.e. EOU, BMCC, TVCC)
- Have taught in the discipline or related subject area for at least three years
- Have a master’s degree, preferably in their teaching discipline – verification required.
- Attend an Eastern Promise training session in their discipline conducted by the appropriate Eastern Promise Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- Become an active member of the PLC; i.e. attend all meetings and trainings throughout the year.
- Renew authorization annually, and be willing to allow college and university faculty to assess their performance
Student Registration Information can be found on the Class Registration page.
Professional Learning Communities
> EP-PLC Grad Credit Registration Form This form is required if you are choosing the option of a grad credit for your participation in an Eastern Promise PLC group. Your participation in a PLC group will be verified by the attendance sheet listed in the shared google document. Please send your completed form, and any questions you may have to Laurie Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your form is submitted you will receive a bill from EOU for $100. You do not need to pay the tuition at the time of registration.
> PDU Certificate 2016-17 Use this form if you attended a PLC meeting at EOU.