Business in Action
2015-16 Academic Year
- Competitive Pricing Using Data Envelopment Analysis – Pricing for Oscilloscopes, International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management.
- Are Privately Held Companies Subject to the Whistleblower Provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley? An Analysis of Lawson v. FMR, LLC, Journal of Accounting & Finance, Summer 2015 (Vol. 15(1)).
- Served as a Member of the Organizing Committee and Session Chair for RISEBA International Students Academic Research and Artistic Creation Conference, Changing Worlds – In Search of New Solutions - 2015, June 2-5, 2015, Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration, Riga, Latvia.
- Guest lecturer at the Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration (RISEBA), Riga, Latvia. RISEBA is among 10 largest higher education institutions in Latvia (both public and private) with almost 3000 students, including 200 international students, who attend 17 study programs of different levels and directions, and more than 8000 alumni. RISEBA is accredited by the AACSB International and several European business accreditation agencies.
- Examining the Preferences of Online Business Course Students has been accepted for presentation at the 2015 Asia Conference on Economics & Business Research, November 18-19, 2015, Singapore. All papers submitted to the Conference are selected through a double-blind review process.
- Reevaluating If a Linkage Exists between CEO Compensation and the Net Income and Stock Price of Their Firm: a Micro Study has been accepted for presentation at the 2016 Hawaii Global Conference on Business and Finance. The conference will be held January 4-7, 2016 in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. All papers submitted to the Conference are selected through a double-blind review process.
2014-15 Academic Year
- Leading ethically in a culturally diverse global environment. Handbook of research on business ethics and corporate responsibilities.
Laura Gow-Hogge received the Glen and Jean McKenzie Professional Award.
Laura Gow-Hogge was elected as the 2014-2016 Secretary/Treasurer for IACBE’s Northwest Region.
Shari Carpenter and April Curtis will present at The International Leadership Association Women and Leadership Affinity Group Conference in June.
- Presented a research paper Assessing A Faculty Member’s Role in Changing Writing Outcomes of Undergraduate Capstone Papers: A Quantitative Study at the EOU November 13, 2014 Colloquium. Keller’s presentation was based on his research of Senior Project Capstone papers in the College of Business.
- Presented a research paper Assessing A Faculty Member’s Role in Changing Writing Outcomes of Undergraduate Capstone Papers: A Quantitative Study at the 2014 Institute of Strategic and International Studies /IAABR-Manila, Philippines International Multidisciplinary Academic Conference, November 5-7, 2014. Keller’s paper was included in the Conference Proceedings and selected to be published in the Journal of Strategic and International Studies, Vol. 9, Num. 6. Keller received a faculty development grant from EOU to sponsor his presentation at the Conference.
- Presented a one-day workshop Leadership for Public Administrators for the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee Continuing Education, in the Certificate in Public Administration program.
- Presented a two day seminar Advanced Leadership for the UW-Madison Certificate in Public Administration program at the Wisconsin Command College at the Wisconsin State Patrol Academy.
- Presented a half-day seminar Assessing Organizational Performance at the Oregon State Patrol Office, La Grande, OR, September 17, 2014 for the La Grande Police Department, Union County Sheriff’s Office and four law enforcement agencies, including the District Attorney, from the region.