ASTEO is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation’s S-STEM Program and supports students intending to join industry or attend graduate school after finishing their undergraduate degrees.
For more scholarship opportunities visit our Financial Aid Office.
ASTEO Scholars – Advancing Science and Technology in Eastern Oregon
Are you a freshman or transfer majoring in biology, chemistry-biochemistry, computer science or mathematics? Are you intending to pursue a career or a graduate degree in these subjects? Apply for our new ASTEO Scholarship!
Application deadline March 1, 2018
ASTEO Scholars will:
- Receive up to $7,500 annually for tuition and fees (four-years for freshmen, two-years for transfers)
- Participate in hands-on learning beginning their first year of study
- Live in a STEM community in our top-notch residence halls
- Attend monthly activities with STEM faculty
- Be eligible for summer internships to build strong résumés
- Be eligible for a paid position as an ASTEO Ambassador for EOU!
☐ Major in a STEM field: biology, chemistry-biochemistry, computer science or mathematics (excludes Healthcare & Education majors)
☐ Apply for admission to EOU
☐ Be a freshman or transfer student attending our La Grande campus
☐ Submit EOU’s ASTEO scholarship application
☐ Demonstrate plans to pursue a career or enter graduate school in a STEM field listed above
☐ Have a SAT math score of 550+, or an ACT math score of 25+
☐ Submit your FAFSA application (opens October 1)
☐ Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, national or refugee
The ASTEO application is open October 1 through March 1. Applicants must submit an application online and demonstrate financial need for eligibility. The process involves a thorough application review followed by an interview with the ASTEO Scholars selection committee.