Strategic Action Plan 2011-2016
Eastern Oregon University Mission
EOU guides student inquiry through integrated, high-quality liberal arts and professional programs that lead to responsible and reflective action in a diverse and interconnected world.
As an educational, cultural and scholarly center, EOU connects the rural regions of Oregon to a wider world. Our beautiful setting and small size enhance the personal attention our students receive, while partnerships with colleges, universities, agencies and communities add to the educational possibilities of our region and state.
Mission Themes and Objectives
Eastern has high quality liberal arts and professional programs that prepare students for the world beyond college.
Objective 1: Foster and assess student learning
- Students demonstrate effective learning relative to General Learning Outcomes (GLOs)
- Students demonstrate efective learning relative to Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) as aligned with University Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
Objective 2: Ensure faculty and staff success
- Hire quality faculty and staff
- Retain quality faculty and staff
Eastern is a regional University with a deep sense of commitment to students where they are.
Objective 3: Ensure access and success for all studnets, regardless of location
- Degree programs accessible to students at both on-campus and off-campus locations
- Effective academic and support programs and services to ensure the success of first time freshmen in their first year
- Effective transfer and completion pathways for students
- Work with community colleges to forge effective completion pathways
Objective 4: Adopt and enhance appropriate educational technologies
- Up-to-date institutional technology infrastructure and related resources
- Technology leveraged effectively for multiple instructional modalities
Objective 5: Foster partnerships and provide opportunitites for student and faculty community engagement
- Community, regional, state, and national opportunitites for students to engage in practica, internships, service learning, research
- EOU students and faculty enagage with the Civic Engagement and Social Responsibility University Learning Outcome
Eastern is the educational, cultural and economic engine of eastern Oregon.
Objective 6: Ensure a sustainable university environment
- Adequate financial resources for operations
- University Planning and Budgeting reflects stable enrollment revenues
- Administrative and personnel policies and practices ensure both an effective and sustainable workforce
Objective 7: Provide programs in response to regional needs
- Academic program mix reflects regional role and mission, educationally, culturally, and economically