Eastern Oregon University
University Council Student Affairs Committee
April 6, 2011
Present: Tawnya Lubbes, Christy Oliveri, Melanie Noell, Stephen Jenkins,
Colleen Dunne-Cascio, Kristina Roome, Chris Heidbrink
- Introductions – Kristina Roome, ASEOU VP for Campus Affairs, new member to the Student Affairs Committee was introduced and welcomed.
- Approval of the Minutes of the February 23 and March 9, 2011 Student Affairs Committee meetings – a motion to approve the Minutes of February 23, 2011 as written was made and seconded. Motion passed. A motion to approve the Minutes of March 9, 2011 as amended was made and seconded. Motion passed.
- Information Items
- Spring term meeting dates and times – the proposed meeting dates and times were approved. The Committee will meet from 3-4pm on April 20, May 4, May 18, June 1, and June 8. The location is to be announced.
- Action Items
- EOU live-in policy revisions – Jenkins gave an overview of the proposed live-in requirement revisions. A discussion took. It was suggested that “or civil union” be added to number 2 of the EXCEPTIONS to EOU Live-in Requirements. A motion was made and seconded to approve the proposed EOU Live-in requirement revisions to include the civil union amendment. Motion passed with one abstention. The proposed live-in requirement will be forwarded to University Council and President’s Council for endorsement and approval.
- EOU OAR for Residence Halls and Eocene Court – Jenkins gave an overview of the proposed revisions to the EOU OAR for Residence Halls and Eocene Court indicating that a majority are housekeeping/language revisions. A discussion took place. A motion was made and seconded to approve the proposed revisions to the EOU OAR for Residence Halls and Eocene Court. Motion passed with one abstention. The proposed revisions will be forwarded to University Council and President’s Council for endorsement and approval then forwarded to proceed with the OAR revision process.
- Discussion Items
- Diversity Committee Strategic Plan – Oliveri gave an overview of the plan as it relates to students and Student Affairs. The committee members were asked to review Goal 1: Strategies 1 and 2 of the plan as it relates to students and identify what is missing, what is good/not good, and how the plan affects students and be prepared to discuss the plan at the next Student Affairs Committee meeting.
- For the Good of the Order
- Lots of events
i. Pride week
ii. Bang, Bang you’re dead movie and discussion
iii. Literacy Conference sponsored by University Council
iv. Hermiston 5th graders on campus each Friday for the rest of the term
Meeting adjourned 3:55 p.m.