Eastern Oregon University
Assembly Student Affairs Committee
March 2, 2005
The meeting was called to order by co-chair, Konnie Zacharias.
- Action Items
- Approval of the Minutes of February 2, 2005 – A motion was made and seconded to approve the Minutes of the February 2, 2005 Assembly Student Affairs Committee. Motion passed.
- Sexual Assault Policy – A motion was made and seconded to approve the proposed Sexual Assault Policy. A discussion took place. It was mentioned that a sexual issues website will be generated that will address other issues related to Sexual Assault and healthy awareness. The website name will be “Sex Matters.” Motion passed.
- Academic Honesty Code – A motion was made and seconded to recommend approval of the proposed Academic Honesty Code with proposed changes back to the Academic Standards Committee for implementation. It was stated that when the Code is brought forward to the Campus Assembly that Student Government would like to be present to address the Assembly regarding their support. Motion passed.
- Information Items
- Student Code of Conduct – the next Assembly Student Affairs Committee meeting is scheduled for April 6, 2005. At which time we will discuss further the Student Code of Conduct.
- Fraternity Update – the club is moving forward. A few of the members were dis-pledged because of not helping out and becoming apathetic. There is a lot more work that the club needs to do. Their deadline has been extended. Recently they participated in the community playground project. The Community forum will be held on March 10, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. in Hoke Main Lounge. Guest speakers will be John Lameraux and Boyd Rasmussen. An invitation was extended to everyone to participate. The institution is required to send a letter of support/non-support by April 7, 2005.