Eastern Oregon University
University Council Student Affairs Committee
February 9, 2011
Present: Stephen Jenkins, Russ Waisanen (guest), Camille Consolvo, Robin Weinman, Emily Ice, Melanie Noell, Christy Oliveri, Colleen Dunne-Cascio, Chris Heidbrink, Le Alexander
- Approval of Minutes – the Minutes of the December 12, 2010 and January 26, 2011 (with friendly amendment) were approved.
- Animal Control Policy – Consolvo indicated that we received feedback from legal counsel regarding the draft policy. Legal counsel indicated that the current draft policy is too involved and long. The sub-committee will reconvene to revise the policy and bring it back to the Student Affairs Committee at the next meeting for discussion and approval.
- Student Hearing Committee Training – Dunne-Cascio reminded the members of the committee that the trainings will be held on February 24 and March 3 from 8-10 am in Hoke 203. Participants will need to attend both trainings.
- Action Item(s)
- Memo to University Council RE: Grievance Procedures – a draft memo was reviewed and the topic was discussed. A motion was made and seconded to approve the submission of the memo to University Council with identified revisions. Motion passed.
- Discussion Items
- Student Code of Conduct Revisions – the discussion regarding the proposed policy and potential revisions continued. The suggested revisions will be incorporated into the draft policy and brought forward to the Student Affairs Committee’s next meeting for further review and discussion.
- For the Good of the Order
- ESE is sponsoring a talent show Friday night at 7pm in Hoke Main Lounge.
Meeting adjourned at 4:15 p.m.
The next Student Affairs Committee meeting will be held on February 23, 2011