STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME STATEMENT
Unit Name: Counseling Center
LO Code: SA51
Description of learning activity or program:
Conduct individual and group therapy
1. How does this activity complement the University, Student Affairs, or unit’s mission, or meet the unit’s objectives?
The Counseling Center’s activity supports the EOU mission by help guiding students in responsible and reflective action and improving their relationships in a diverse and interconnected world. The Counseling Center’s activity provides critical support to the students and campus community to ensure that all students have access to University programs, activities and benefits; that students are treated with dignity and respect, and promotes student growth and development through providing psychological counseling services, psychological consultation services, and outreach programming learning activities across campus and disciplines to enhance mental hygiene.
2/3. List the Student Learning Outcome Clusters that apply and Student Learning Domains that may be achieved through participating in this activity:
2. List Learning Outcome Cluster (A-E)
3. List Learning Outcome Domains (1-33)
A. Intellectual Development
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7
B. Career Prep/Practical Competence
8, 11, 12, 13
E. Managing Life Skills
4. Write the student learning outcome statement for this activity.
By participating in individual and/or group therapy, students will learn to understand themselves and how they relate to a larger world, and will become more sensitive of others in regards to intimacy and relationship.
5. How will the achievement of this learning outcome be evaluated, measured, or assessed? Describe measures to be used.
The Counseling Center’s “Client Satisfaction Questionnaire” will by utilized. The questionnaire will be given to a randomized sample during a two-week period every year.