- Pratkanis and Aronson. 2001. Age of Propaganda (Chapters 2-6, 21-67; Chapter 9, 93-100).
- Adam Curtis & British Broadcasting Corporation. 2006. The Century of the Self. Rockford, Ill.: BN Publishing (part 1, ‘Happiness machines‘ from 9:00 to about 28:00)
- The Ad and the Ego. 2001. VHS. Directed by Harold Boihem. Philadelphia, PA: Parallax Pictures, Inc. (excerpt)
- Robert Greenwald, CW Freeman, M Bearden, G Fuller, P Lang, D MacMichael, H Waxman. 2004. Uncovered: The whole truth about the Iraq War. New York: Disinformation Co. (Bush’s State of the Union Speech and Colin Powell’s UN speech–good example of using source credibility)
- A classic appeal to emotion justifying Iraq invasion. Also good for ‘pre-persuasion,’ framing (it’s now or later, when it may be too late!)
- Frank Luntz on Fox News explaining how the Obama 2012 campaign ‘worked.’ Luntz is a word meister (this from Canadian Broadcasting Company’s Fifth Estate). Good for message control.