- Anthony Pratkanis and Elliot Aronson. 2007. Age of Propaganda: The Everyday Use and Abuse of Persuasion. New York: W.H. Freeman (pp 1-17, 268-79).
- Charles Pierce. 2009. Idiot America. NY: Anchor (chapter 2, ‘The War on expertise’). In Blackboard.
- Jon Stewart takes down CNN’s Crossfire (consider his argument that media bias accusations are merely partisan strategy)
- Think manipulation of reporters and the public don’t have consequences? Watch what a PR firm did to help sell the first Gulf War (part I, part II).
- VNRs–bringing new meaning to the term ‘ commercial news‘ watch at least 3, look for patterns)