General Education Transfer Policy
Students entering EOU with transfer credit from a regionally accredited institution must meet one of the following general education requirement options listed below.
- Completion of the General Education Core program utilizing EOU courses. A listing of the courses available can be found at http://www.eou.edu/registrar/gened/
- Completion of an Associate of Arts-Oregon Transfer Degree (AAOT), or Associate of Science-Oregon Transfer Degree (ASOT) or completion of a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) as transcribed by a regionally accredited Washington community college. Completion of an AA or AS from North Idaho College, College of Southern Idaho, College of Western Idaho or Community College of Micronesia.
- Completion of a general education program at a regionally accredited college or university. Students must provide documentation from the institution stating that the general education program as a whole was met.
- If general education requirements cannot be met using one of the options listed above or cannot be articulated with EOU general education courses by comparable catalog description at the course level, general education course credit will be awarded based on the criteria outlined in the EOU general education learning outcomes for breadth areas (SMI, AEH, APC and SSC) as well as the criteria for the Gateway category, i.e. the course will transfer in under its original title under one of EOU’s breadth areas to satisfy general education requirements. A similar process will be used to evaluate credits for general education transfer credit to EOU for experiential and agency-based learning.
The links below provide a list of current courses meeting EOU general education from that college:
- Blue Mountain Community College
- Central Oregon Community College
- Chemeketa Community College
- Clackamas Community College
- Clatsop Community College
- Klamath Community College
- Lane Community College
- Linn-Benton Community College
- Mount Hood Community College
- Portland Community College
- Rogue Community College
- Southwestern Oregon Community College
- Treasure Valley Community College
- Umpqua Community College